Rob Mitchell, Rutherford County Tennessee Property Assessor, has been selected to be a featured speaker at FUTUREVIEW 2015 in Nashville Tennessee August 19th-21st 2015 (www.pictometry.com/futureview).
Assessor Mitchell will share with Assessors, Planners and GIS professionals from across the nation how the Rutherford County Assessor’s Office, through careful planning and novel utilizations of Pictometry Connect, has developed new procedures and utilized Pictometry in creative ways to return $750 thousand dollars back into the County’s General fund.
Below is a summary of Assessor Mitchell’s Presentation:
- Utilizing Pictometry To Save Taxpayer Dollars
- How Pictometry Connect Saves Taxpayers
- Assessor Mitchell will describe how he used Pictometry to assist in completing his reappraisal on time and under budget. He will describe how Pictometry assists in defending appeals at County Board of Equalization and how his sharing of Pictometry with First Responders makes his community safer.
Rob Mitchell will address a few question such as:
- Why Pictometry and not just use orthos?
- How Rutherford County developed a Real-Time mobile process.
- Efficiency in the field = Tax Savings
- Situs Reporting, Sales Tax verification and Personal Property Discovery.
- Connect allows First Responders planning and information sharing.
- County Commissioners Benefit from Connect= constituent service.
- Wrap-up and questions
Rob Mitchell is the Assessor of Property for Rutherford County Tennessee. Rutherford County is the Fifth largest and fastest growing community in Tennessee and one of the fastest growing in the Southeast United States. Assessor Mitchell’s office is responsible for 624 square miles and 112,000 parcels for property for review. Assessor Mitchell is actively pursuing his AAS designation through the IAAO and earned his Certified Public Administrator designation.